5/16/08

The red guy.


So between this post and the last, I've read through every single knuckles the enchida comic as well as a few of the sonic ones. The series begins as any colorful archie video game adaption would--adolescent and fun. At some point the entire thing takes a strangely dark turn though. Political turmoil and racism become key plot points and the writers drop all fear of the word death. A large part of the story revolves around the after effects of the enchidas denouncing technology and attempting to quell old prejudice with another anthropomorphic race, the dingos. Some of it almost feels Orwellian, but, like, with animals, kinda like... animal farm.

One of the issues opened with a short narrative quote that I particularly thought was wonderful:

Robotropulus, 3228

"Durring Doctor Robotnick's take over through robitcization, the swat bots came for the foxes, and I did not spea
k up because I was not a fox. Then they came for the rabbits, and I did not speak up because I was a rabbit. Then they came for the squirrels, but I did not speak up because I was not a squirrel. Then they came for the hedgehogs and I did not speak up because I was an enchida. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."
-anonymous


That is all.


No comments: