7/30/08

The train stops, the conductor takes a nap.

"Busy", a word that is meant go unused during the summer, unless of coarse it is followed by the text: lollipop party. I'm done paying rent for god damn freaking ever, or rather, until I make the foolish decision to get an apartment. To complement my new freedom of income use I have been working like a dog so I might rake in large sums of money to be used for university text books and musical equipment. Yes, I started a band which is in turn the other reason I have been so busy. We practice three times a week for four to six hours. We are an instrumental band that makes use of strange time signatures, three finger tapping techniques, and ambient epicness. I want people to bring human organs to our shows and do strange things with them. I'm actually a bit worried about how the locals will take a band with no vocals. I did not mean for that to rhyme.


Anyways, today has been the first day I've had to be alone and do nothing for the last three weeks. I've spent most of the day reading and laying about in the sun but I took a brake to cover my entire kitchen in bleach and write this. If I finish my book I think I might spend the rest of the night finishing my outstanding Graeme Howard assignment (short story) and working on the more then often requested next D&D scenario. It is getting intense.


I leave you with attempted gonzo I wrote at the Winnipeg folk festival. Pardon any grammar in there, this was folk festival...

Friday, Estimated time: 10ish?

We're in the thick of it now. So far down the deep we go, turning back would be more of an effort then most of us are prepared to admit. I would take to the others and consult options, however, I am unsure of any other path then straight. "Move on ahead",they keep saying. It's hard to ignore wise words when you know what they mean. Learning what they mean, I suppose, is the tricky part. Its the reason why were here. Reason is not close to being important though, the racoons in the cage don't spend time contemplating how they got there, just how to get out. And getting out, in itself, is an entire different thing all togeather. Ladders and rope won't help us here, all that's left is will. Will to push on and ignore the dignity that we all left behind yesterday. Yes, dignity is a powerful thing. The stuff can drive a man off a cliff and into boiling cesspools of depravity. Ive seen it make them cry and heel over, spit up and swallow it again. Put some clothes on and forget that their laughing at you. "Give it up old man" they say.

"It's time to come home." Hardly a fact that is. Although I'm sure they'd argue me to the death. The bastards.

No comments: