2/6/09

My time doing somthing.

Two Mondays ago, I woke up extra early so I could watch the press release of Coraline, a stop motion film based on Neil Gaiman's novel of the same name. The theater was empty save the manager, various local movie critics and me. “The big boys” surrounded me and my only means of defense was a tiny notepad and pen. What had I gotten myself into?

I crawled over to a particular friendly looking fellow, mustered up all the coolness I possibly could and said, "Hey man, who are you with?"

It turns out my new friend was with the Manitoban. An experienced journalist and writer, the fellow gave me a few tips, the most important being, “Free popcorn is important, for un-bribed journalists write poor reviews."


Here
is my review.

Here
is the Manitoban counter part.

No comments: