5/31/09

Sup.

Recording an EP, hunting for a job, planning a London adventure and odd amounts of exercise. These are the things that make up my first full month of summer holidays, or rather, these are the things that carry some form of significance and are worth mentioning to an imaginary audience that I would think might have an interest in such topics. Certainly, there have been other things, less worth mentioning, that have been a part of my time off.


Everyday I seem to go out of my way to wake up only to go back to sleep at some point or another. Waking up, I find, seems to be a new experience everyday. Sometimes I awake lying on my back, while other times I am situated in a sideways laying position. When I go to sleep, I put no effort into urging myself to awake in a specific position. As a result, when I do awake it is always a complete surprise which position I have awoken in. It is the shock from this surprise, which forces my body up from bed and ignites the brain for the thinking tasks that will present themselves throughout the day.


The first such task can be a number of things. Perhaps I will go to the bathroom or shower. Hell, maybe I’ll skip the shower and move right on to the breakfast. Sometimes a mourning run seems the best option, not before stretching of coarse. The type of breakfast, the shower temperature, how long to run, these are all important decisions that I have to face within at least the first ten minutes of my day. By the time one hour has gone by, a million intricate choices have already been made and for the rest of my life there will be nothing I can do to change them. As you can imagine, if I lamented over even some of the poorer decisions or lost options another hour might go by. Thus I must constantly live in the present and strive to eat the best possible type of cereal available to me. This raises another, even more important question which must be contemplated every single day:


Are all cereals born equal or are some better then others?



No comments: