9/28/09

The nature of moving backward

After a few close calls and trying to decide what was too much and too little to take on, I think I've finally settled into University life again. This year my course schedule is far more reasonable. That is to say, I won't be sitting in the library at three hour intervals waiting for my next class to start. No sir, I go to school, go to class then go home and do other things of interest.

The band is going well. We've added a trumpet player to the mix. Its good. That is all.

I've also begun a new job as a guitar teacher. I get paid way too much and half my students are so enthusiastic about the instrument that teaching hardly means work. Unfortunately, not all of them are like that and I'm slowly learning how difficult it is to give equal attention to the non-keeners. As a result, I've developed a new-found respect for all high school teachers.

I have yet to touch the Uniter, my schools newspaper, this semester but I did a lot of stuff during the summer. The most hilarious being this, in which I make my good friend Aaron sound like the greatest thing since water. I think I am going to try my hand at some kind of silly political commentary, as band and art reviews are growing tiresome.

I picked up the great gatsby and the complete Milton today for a rousing 10$ from my schools discount book dude. I am truly looking forward for finding the time for Paradise Lost and its less popular sequel, Paradise Regained.

I think I slowed down writing in this blog because things got to a point where I would just look back at last weeks post and be extremely disappointed in myself. I suppose the nature of moving forward involves being embarrassed about your past. What does the nature of moving backward involve then?

Anyway, maybe post consistency will change now that there's more structure in my days.

No comments: