4/22/08

Controversy.

I went for lunch with my dad the other day. Good lunch, we talked and played guitar for a bit to. On the car ride home he brought up the topic of my blogs name which he had apparently herd mentioned by my younger sister. I think he got the idea that I had written an online pamphlet regrading the very process of becoming a pimp. I assured him it was simply a title for a blog but he told me that I had to be careful what I say for people tend to judge books by their cover. Also that pimps are amongst the most vile and unethical pieces of filth on the planet. Now these are both points I can easily agree with however my title is influenced by the cultural slang use of the word as opposed to the original term. I realize the sub header or blog description (as this site calls it) begs to differ. But come on, I like it. Besides the entire thing is a non sequitur in itself. I haven't put any thought into actually ever writing anything about prostitution. I could see myself in the future perhaps attempting to tackle the situation of obscure child employment in Thailand and I am more then sure the irony might even forbid anyone from taking it for serious. Which is in turn a sad thing on its own.


This blog was never intended to tackle serious topics. It was, originally and outlet for silly, poor written stories. A silly blog gets a silly name. With that said though, this blog has of recently become more then a silliness outlet and as of today I begin asking myself if a name change is indeed necessary.


Thinking about the above has lead me to the following points:

-That my concern lyes in the fact that I have already offended a parent once with my writing and I have no intention of making parents think I'm some sort of perverted indelicate. I work in a daycare for gods sake.

-That the intention of black comedy is to present a situation so absurd and unlawful that you are bound to laugh. The techniques is age old and is easily visible in the works of Shakespear and shows like loony tunes. I really wish more people understood this notion...

-Finally, the people who lack the sense of humor to understand my title in the first place really shouldn't be reading anything I write here anyway. In the perfect situation I would ask such people to make an effort to culture themselves into comprehension however we all know that no one in hell is going to do that. If you wont make the effort to understand these things then I wont make the effort to address your concerns. I suppose thats my conclusion then. Weather I decide to stick to it or not, well, thats in the hands of the clock lords now.

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed, but I do say no more then ten to twenty million killed, tops. Depending on the breaks."
-General Buck Turgidson, Dr. Strangelove

No comments: