3/29/09

Unposted post and thoughts of the moment.

First: I did another thing.

Seconded: I've been trying to write a post about the advantages of different media types in telling stories. For example, in comic books you can present a characters thoughts and verbalization's at the exact same time, you cant really do that in film. I was then to draw some larger conclusion about the reasoning behind why specific stories are best told through specific media types, like why watchmen is best told through the medium of comic books. However, the whole thing got way to long, complicated and probably now makes less sense then anything else I do. This is probably why outlines are important.



I haven't really played video games on my own for over a year and I think I've finally figured out why. When I did play everyday, the large majority of games were RPG's. Since then, I've been reading way more then I used to and I'm thinking my now lack of playing is due to satisfaction with the stories presented to me in books. Also, books are cheaper and I am poor.

With that said, there are a few games that have really caught my attention that I would like to try and make a priority for this summer. Lost Odyssey being number one on that list.



Been reading the fiction section of the new yorker on occasion. This guy has some awesome stuff.



Just found these in my picture folder:




That is all.

No comments: